Melbourne Women’s Fund events are the “secret sauce” of our giving circle.
Melbourne Women’s Fund has an active calendar of events throughout the year (see it posted in this section). We find that events not only provide opportunities for members to meet one another, they are also an ideal way to learn more about philanthropy and the issues facing women and their families in our community.
Members often invite friends and colleagues to our events who are interested in knowing more about Melbourne Women’s Fund or wanting to join our giving circle. We find that member introductions and referrals through events really helps to grow our group and subsequently have a greater impact in our grant making.
The events we hold serve different functions which include:
- Educating members about issues facing women and their families
- Opportunity to meet and network with other like minded women
- Visiting grant finalist organisations to learn more about the program they want funded
- Providing information about our grant finalists
- Voting at the Annual Grant Awards celebration
- Celebrating the year at the Annual End of Year Dinner
We have an Events Committee who plan and oversee all the functions we hold (except the Site Visits to grant finalists) and they welcome members who would like to join their committee.
The 2019-20 Events Committee members are: