“In the end, the journey to impact is indeed a journey. It is most fruitful when pursued with a warm heart and a hard head.”– Fay Twersky*
Some key questions we will be asking about our grantee’s programs and projects will be:
- Did the grantee do what they said they would do?
- Were the funds spent according to our agreement?
- What was accomplished by our grant?
- Has the program or project goals been successfully achieved?
- What were some of the quantifiable results? (if appropriate to the grant)
- What were the direct and indirect impacts of our grantmaking?
- Will the impact or the activity be sustained beyond the funding period?
- What did both the Melbourne Women’s Fund and the grantee learn from this grant?
- Is there potential for learnings to be disseminated for the benefit of others?
* “Journey to impact: an open letter to emerging philanthropists” by Fay Twersky, Alliance Magazine, September 2012